animal nursing assistant
Salary £15,142.40 per annum
40 Hour Week
The Animal Health Trust is a leading charity dedicated to the improvement of animal health and welfare through veterinary research, together with high quality clinical services and a commitment to education. The Trust comprises of the Centre for Small Animal Studies (CSAS), Centre for Equine Studies and Centre for Preventive Medicine.
We are currently seeking a full time Animal Nursing Assistant to join our CSAS team. The post is a 1 in 5 shift position which includes some out-of-hours shift work. It is an integral part of the Nursing team, helping to provide outstanding patient care supported and led by our qualified veterinary nurses and clinicians. Applicants must be over 18 and have a responsible attitude ideally with some practical knowledge of animal care.
- General care of all patients using best practise
- Liaising with owners regarding Patients
- Daily Housekeeping/Preparation/Administration
- Assisting in Invoicing Patients
- Assist the nursing team as and when required with their duties
- Answering the telephone out of hours
Previous experience is not essential, as full training will be given.
Skills and Competencies:
- Genuine love of animals and desire to learn
- Reliable, committed and hardworking
- Strong communication skills oral, written with excellent customer care skills
- Organisational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work as an active team member whilst equally comfortable working alone
We offer our staff an employer contribution pension scheme, health care plan, death in service, free parking, staff discounts and basic 25 days holiday per annum.
For informal enquiries, please contact Jody Blyth Tancock, Animal Nursing Supervisor by email Jody.Blyth-Tancock@aht.org.uk (weekdays).
To view the job description, please click this link
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 10 February 2017
Interviews: w/c 20 February 2017