Yard Manager - QVN or QEN
Up to £29,592.00 per annum (dependent upon experience)
42½ Basic Week – Monday to Friday + Out of hours Rota
The Animal Health Trust is a registered Charity dedicated to the improvement of animal health and welfare through veterinary research, together with high quality clinical services and a commitment to education.
You will join our experienced team within the Centre for Equine Studies, which is a multidisciplinary equine referral hospital comprising orthopaedic, neurological, diagnostic imaging, oncology, ophthalmology and dermatology referrals. Working with 6 equine technicians, 2 equine interns, RVN/Clinics Manager and the specialist veterinary team.
- Responsibility for the management of yard staff and running of the yard to ensure a high standard of care for all patients and meticulous and efficient organisation of daily activities
- Full participation in all aspects of husbandry and care of the horses, as well as all clinical activities, and the out-of hours rota – this is an active, hands on role
- Provide assistance to veterinary surgeons in all aspects of clinical investigation and treatment including radiography, standing and GA MRI, nuclear scintigraphy, high dose radiation treatment, assisting in the operating theatre as required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Team Leader/Manager experience
- Qualified VN or EVN
- Experience of working within an equine environment, substantial horse handling in particular difficult horses
- Organisational skills, ability to work well under pressure and excellent attention to detail.
We offer our staff an employer contribution pension scheme, health care plan, death in service, CPD allowance and basic 25 days holiday per annum.
To view the job description, please click here
For informal enquiries, please contact Sue Murphy, Head of Clinics, on 01638 751908 or email@example.com
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org