This questionnaire is made up of 8 sections:
Section 1. General information about your horse/pony
Section 2. Turnout and management of grazing
Section 3. Stabling and indoor environment
Section 4. Feeding
Section 5. Exercise
Section 6. Transport
Section 7. Hoof care
Section 8. Health management and recent health history
About completing the questionnaire:
- You are welcome to enrol more than one horse/pony in the study but please complete a separate questionnaire for each animal. If you decide to only enrol one or some but not all of your animals, please choose the one(s) whose name(s) come(s) first in the alphabet to ensure that our data are unbiased.
- For purposes of this questionnaire the term ‘horse’ refers to both horses and ponies.
- Please complete the details to the best of your knowledge and ability and select the most appropriate response(s) to each and every question.
- Unless asked otherwise, please provide the most CURRENT information (as it is on the day of completing the questionnaire) when replying to the questions.
- In free text answers, please include as much relevant detail as possible.
- This questionnaire should take between 45 minutes to complete.
- All instructions and clarifications are printed in italics.