Please complete this questionnaire to fully register for the study. Once you have submitted it, you will be sent a CARE welcome pack in the post. You will need to return on a regular basis (1-3 months) to update this questionnaire as part of your follow-up.
It will be useful to have the following at hand when completing the questionnaire:
- Your horse or pony's passport
- Details of any recent veterinary treatment and medication (usually vet invoices are good for this!)
- Details and approximate timings of the most recent routine health care such as worming, dentistry and hoof care
The questionnaire will save automatically as you move between sections. If there are any answers that you do not know off-hand and may need to consult with your vet, hoof care provider or yard owner, you will be able to return to the questionnaire at a later time and add or edit information. Once you successfully submit your completed questionnaire, please don’t make any edits to it until you are due your next update/follow-up.
This questionnaire is made up of 8 sections:
Section 1. General information about your horse/pony
Section 2. Turnout and management of grazing
Section 3. Stabling and indoor environment
Section 4. Feeding
Section 5. Exercise
Section 6. Transport
Section 7. Hoof care
Section 8a & b. Health management and recent health history
About completing the questionnaire:
- You are welcome to enrol more than one horse/pony in the study but please complete a separate questionnaire for each animal. If you decide to only enrol one or some, but not all of your animals, please choose the one(s) whose name(s) come(s) first in the alphabet to ensure that our data are unbiased.
- For purposes of this questionnaire the term ‘horse’ refers to both horses and ponies.
- Please complete the details to the best of your knowledge and ability and select the most appropriate response(s) to EACH and every question.
- Unless asked otherwise, please provide the most CURRENT information (as on the day of completing the questionnaire) when replying to the questions.
- When asked, please report any changes in health, behaviour, etc. that have happened SINCE YOUR LAST ENTRY
- Where required, please include as much relevant detail as possible.
- Where relevant, please add dates in format: DD-MM-YYYY
- This questionnaire should take between 15 - 45 minutes to complete.
- All instructions and clarifications are printed in italics.
|Please click to login/register to start your questionnaire.|
If you would like a pdf copy of the questionnaire please email firstname.lastname@example.org