Clinical Pathology technician 3
35 Hour Week
£20,056.40 - £21,257.60pa
The Animal Health Trust is a large UK-based veterinary charity dedicated to promoting animal welfare through improved understanding of diseases in cats, dogs and horses. The Trust has a multi-disciplinary small animal referral clinic, equine referral clinic, centre for preventive medicine and a number of research groups including virology, epidemiology, pathology, genetics, and molecular oncology.
We are currently seeking an experienced Technician to join the Clinical Pathology area within our Diagnostic Laboratory Services (DLS). We are interested to hear from ambitious and bright individuals with experience and/or qualifications, with exposure to some of the technical/laboratory skills required. The starting salary would be adjusted to reflect the degree of experience and training will be provided, if needed. DLS is a commercial service offering high quality diagnostic testing to the veterinary industry.
- Participate in the day to day running of Diagnostic Laboratory Services
- Responsibility and accountability for your own work
- Using your knowledge and experience to deliver the service
- To evaluate work and report findings, to meet the teams aims and needs
- Work with other staff and Team Leaders to identify and address your own learning needs
- Contribute to service improvement through the generation and support of ideas
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Relevant BSc with appropriate experience (5 years) or HNC in Medical Laboratory Sciences specialising in clinical pathology (human or veterinary) with significant experience (10 years)
- Skills and experience in a diagnostic laboratory setting in all aspects of the daily running of automated biochemistry analysers and reporting the results
- Experience in haematology/cytology
- Experience of veterinary diagnostic, working with ISO17025, COSHH, would be desirable
- Be self-motivated, organized, team player, independent worker and work under pressure
- Reliable, hardworking, strong communication skills and excellent customer services
We offer our staff an employer contribution pension scheme, health care plan, death in service, free parking, staff discounts and basic 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays.
To view the job descriptions, please see this link
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10 February 2017
Interview Date: W/C 27 February 2017