• A primary course of two vaccinations between 21 and 92 days apart (3 weeks to 3 months).
• A third vaccination within 7 months of the second vaccination.
• Thereafter boosters must be within a year.
• All horses being entered for FEI competition must have received an equine influenza booster vaccination a maximum of 6 months +21 days before the day of competition entry.
• Horses may not be vaccinated within 7 days of arrival at the FEI event.
In reality all horses competing regularly will need to have biannual boosters.
All equine influenza vaccines currently available in the UK are permitted by the FEI.