SCIENTIFIC SUPPORT FOR THE HORSE
Our clinical research team provides scientific solutions to sport, performance, racing and pleasure horse problems.
- Specific areas of specialisation, that may have an impact on you, include:
- Investigation of risk factors for equine lameness.
- Studies into the effect of different surfaces and arenas.
- Investigation into training-associated injury.
- Identification and prevention of injuries that are specifically related to different equine sports.
- Scientific approaches to the diagnosis, prevention and management of
- Foot pain/navicular disease
- Hindlimb pain tarsal (hock) pain, suspensory ligament
- Tendon problems
- Suspensory ligament problems
- Joint damage
- Catastrophic fractures
- Pioneering use of MRI to diagnose and understand foot pain, joint disease and lameness.
- Development of equine scintigraphy for detection of subtle problems in the limbs and back.
- Development of diagnostic tests and vaccines for infectious diseases.
- Disease surveillance.
- Study of the genetics of inherited conditions.
- We work closely with, and provide scientific advice to:
- British Equestrian Federation
- British Dressage
- British Show Jumping Association
- British Eventing
- British Equine Veterinary Association
- World Class Performance
Even if you have never had a horse referred to the Animal Health Trust, you are likely to have benefited from our work through your own vet.
If you have any questions in relation to poor performance or lameness in your horse please either speak with your vet or contact us on 01638 751908.
We support the equine veterinary profession by:
Research at the AHT
has a direct impact on
the advancement of
View our publications.
View our articles.
View our newsletters.