Scientific Services- Facilities and Resources
AHT activities are conducted from purpose built premises set in 125 acres of pastureland. State of the art equipment and resources ensure that we are in an excellent position to offer a broad portfolio of services, uniquely suited to research and innovation.
Some of the resources that have helped us to achieve our goals and that can help our clients achieve theirs are listed here.
- Clinical centres with fully equipped operating theatres & extensive in-patient facilities
- Comprehensive pathology suites - contained/biosecure
- Controlled environment building
- Diagnostic imaging systems with detailed analysis capabilities - including MRI, nuclear scintigraphy, ultrasonography, radiography
- Extensive grazing and housing for horses and farm animals
- High-speed equine treadmill
- High throughput sequencer & genotyping facilities
- Home Office designated stables and over 30 general purpose stables
- Rodent facility & kennels
- Specialised and fully-equipped laboratories
Controlled Environment Building
We have one of the most sophisticated contained environment facilities for veterinary research in Europe. Built as part of our commitment to the control of infectious diseases, it complies with ACDP Category 3. The facility comprises comprehensive post-mortem suites and four independent rooms with the ability for rapid conversion into laboratories or animal rooms.
For further details about Contract Services please contact: email@example.com