Team leader, clinical Pathology
35 hours per week
The Animal Health Trust is a leading charity dedicated to the improvement of animal health and welfare through veterinary research, together with high quality clinical services and a commitment to education. The Trust comprises the Centre for Small Animal Studies, Centre for Equine Studies and Centre for Preventive Medicine.
We are currently seeking an experienced Technician to join the Clinical Pathology area within our Diagnostic Laboratory Services (DLS). DLS is a commercial service offering high quality diagnostic testing to the veterinary industry.
- Participate in the day to day running of Diagnostic Laboratory Services
- Responsibility and accountability for your own work, and that of the team
- Using your knowledge and experience to deliver and direct the service
- To evaluate work and report findings, to meet the teams aims and needs
- Work with other staff and the Clinical Pathologist to identify and address your own learning needs, and to participate in training junior team members
- Contribute to service improvement through the generation and support of ideas
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Relevant BSc with appropriate experience (5 years) or HNC in Medical Laboratory Sciences specialising in clinical pathology (human or veterinary) with significant experience (10 years)
- Skills and experience in a diagnostic laboratory setting in all aspects of the daily running of automated biochemistry and haematology analysers and reporting the results
- Experience in haematology/cytology
- Experience of veterinary diagnostic, working with ISO17025, COSHH, would be desirable
- Be self-motivated, organized, team player and leader, independent worker and work under pressure
- Reliable, hardworking, strong communication skills and excellent customer services
We offer an employer contribution pension scheme, health care plan, death in service, free parking, staff discounts and basic 25 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays.
To view the job description, please click here.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role and your salary expectations to email@example.com
Closing Date: 28 October 2016
Interview Date: Monday 7 November 2016