Laboratory Technician / Administrator
Full Time (35 hour week), 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Animal Health Trust is a leading charity dedicated to the improvement of animal health and welfare through veterinary research, together with high quality clinical services and a commitment to education. The Trust comprises of the Centre for Small Animal Studies, Centre for Equine Studies and Centre for Preventive Medicine.
We are currently seeking a Technician to join the Equine DNA laboratory within Genetic Services. We provide a DNA profiling and parentage testing service to national and international studbooks and the equine industry.
• To perform routine technical laboratory/bench work
• Sample receipt and tracking
• Be fully versed and compliant with ISO17025 regulations, (training can be given).
• Comply with all relevant Health and Safety regulations.
• Responsibility and accountability for your own work
• Assist in reporting of results and associated office duties.
• Provide support to all areas of genetic services when required.
Skills and Competencies:
• Relevant BSc or HNC but training can be given to the right candidate ideally with some experience in a diagnostic laboratory
• Experience of molecular genetic techniques including DNA extraction and PCR
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Ability to collate and analyse data
• Competent in use of Excel and Microsoft Office
• Ability to work unsupervised and with good attention to detail
Ideally the hours would be 9am – 5pm but we can be flexible.
We offer our staff an employer contribution pension scheme, death in service, free parking, staff discounts and basic 25 days holiday per annum (pro rata), plus bank holidays.
To view the job description, please click here
For further information please email Claire Trushell
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources Department, Animal Health Trust, Lanwades Park, Kentford, Newmarket CB8 7UU.
Closing date: 1 March
Interviews: w/c 18 March