Registered Veterinary Night Nurse
(This role is 0.7 of a Full Time Role £20,515 pa) Higher rate of pay for Advanced Dip Holders
The Animal Health Trust is a registered Charity dedicated to the improvement of animal health and welfare through veterinary research, together with high quality clinical services and a commitment to education. The Trust comprises of the Centre for Small Animal Studies, Centre for Equine Studies and Centre for Preventive Medicine. Located just four miles from Newmarket, we offer a challenging and rewarding environment in which to work.
The shift structure is an attractive 4 nights on and 8 nights off, working hours are 7.30pm to 7.30am. You will join our experienced team within the Small Animal Referral Centre, which is a multidisciplinary referral hospital.
- Provide qualified nursing to all patients whilst in our care, supporting and monitoring their needs
- Working both on our wards and diagnostic areas on a shift pattern
- Assist in all diagnostic areas of the clinic, carry out in-house laboratory tests
- Liaise with owners and inform of patient progress as directed by clinician
- Enthusiasm to support student nurses and work experience visitors
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills oral, written with excellent patient care.
- Hard working and flexible approach to work
- Strong knowledge, good work ethic and compassion.
- Organisational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Ability to work as an active team member whilst equally comfortable working alone.
- Use of Smart Flow patient hospitalisation system – training given
We offer our staff an employer contribution pension scheme, health care plan, death in service, CPD allowance and basic 25 days holiday per annum (pro rata).
To view the job description, please click here.
For informal enquiries or further details, please contact Karen Felton, Nursing Manager on 01638 552700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role to email@example.com