Weekend Ward Assistant
Part time (24 hours)
The Animal Health Trust is a leading charity dedicated to the improvement of animal health and welfare through veterinary research, together with high quality clinical services and a commitment to education. The Trust comprises of the Centre for Small Animal Studies (CSAS), Centre for Equine Studies and Centre for Preventive Medicine.
We are currently looking for two Ward Assistants to join our small animal team working in our wards with dogs and cats recovering after surgery or illness. The position is for two people to work Weekends and some weekday cover on a rotating shift pattern totalling 24 hours each week. However there is an element of flexibility as this post will be required to cover some bank holidays.
Week 1 Week 2
Friday 8am to 5pm Friday 8am to 5pm
Saturday 8am to 5pm Sunday 8am to 5pm
Monday 8am to 5pm Monday 8am to 5pm
- You will be required to maintain high levels of cleanliness at all times
- Cleaning kennels and exercise areas
- General care of all patients
- Food Preparation and exercising patients
- Daily Housekeeping including following infection control protocols within the clinic
- Assisting the nursing team as and when required with their duties, including answering the telephones
Previous experience is not essential, as full training will be given.
Skills and Competencies:
- Genuine love of animals and desire to learn
- Reliable, committed and hardworking
- Strong communication skills oral, written with excellent customer care skills
- Organisational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work as an active team member whilst equally comfortable working alone
We offer our staff an employer contribution pension scheme, death in service, free parking, staff discounts and basic 25 days holiday per annum.
For informal enquires, contact Jo Handley-Howard, Ward Manager on 01638 552700 (weekdays).
To view the job description, please click here
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday 22 March 2019
Interviews: Monday 8 April 2019