Where cure is not possible, we strive to optimise both the quality and quantity of life of our oncology patients.
At the AHT, improving the latter is never at the expense of the former.
Your client’s first consultation with us will last at least an hour, during which we will explain the merits of further investigation where necessary, elaborate on the implications of the diagnosis for their pet, discuss different aspects of therapy, and answer all of their questions. We find the resultant tailored investigation and treatment plans motivate and satisfy our clients.
Many clients opt to have their pet’s care shared between their local veterinarian and the AHT, visiting us to avail of our specialist staff and facilities for any procedures or treatments you would like us to take care of. Some novel treatments do require visits to the AHT such as immunotherapy for melanomas, plesiotherapy for superficial tumours, and receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy for several tumour types.
What we offer:
- Diagnostics and staging including advanced imaging for surgical and radiotherapy planning, supported by our specialists in pathology, imaging, anaesthesia and surgery
- State of the art surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Novel immunotherapies such as vaccinal treatment of oral malignant melanomas
- Emerging targeted medical therapies such as receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors
- We are the only centre in the UK to offer Strontium plesiotherapy for superficial tumours of the eyelid, nasal planum and other locations
- We work closely with our specialist colleagues in the AHT’s other departments, particularly internal medicine and neurology, taking care of internal referrals when a neoplastic diagnosis is made
- Please feel free to contact us by any of the above methods to discuss a case or arrange a prompt referral. We do not discuss specific cases with pet owners without your expressed consent
- We also welcome visiting veterinarians if you would like spend some time with us on clinics
- Prompt communication both with you and the client.