Here you will find everything you need to get fundraising for the AHT and answers to your fundraising questions
Fundraising questions about collecting and sending in money
How do I pay in money I’ve raised?
- If you have an online fundraising page set up, you can pay in the money you’ve collected offline through your page and mark it as offline donations.
- Alternatively, you can use the donation page of our website to pay in the money you’ve raised via a credit or debit card. Simply select a single donation to pay in the total amount you’ve raised. Or you can phone us and pay in the money over the phone using a debit or credit card.
- We would be more than happy to receive a cheque from you, made payable to: Animal Health Trust
- If you prefer transferring money online, you can pay in the money via BACS. Please email email@example.com for these details and we will give you a unique reference number so that we know the money came from you.
How do I know that my money and donations have reached you?
It can take us a few weeks to fully process your donations once we have received them, but as soon as we do we will send you a thank you letter by way of receipt.
How do I claim Gift Aid on the money I raise?
As a registered charity, the AHT is allowed to claim back an extra 25p on every £1 donated to us in Gift Aid. For us to be able to claim gift aid you need to check the sponsor or donator is a UK tax payer. This means we need a record of their home address, postcode, donation amount and they need to have ticked the Gift Aid box on your sponsor form or web page.
How do I set up an online fundraising page?
We recommend you use Virgin Money Giving or Just Giving to support you in your online fundraising. These sites will take a small percentage of the amount you raise but are very quick and easy to use and take care of all Gift Aid claims. In most cases Gift Aid can add 25% to your fundraising total. These sites are safe and secure and make collecting donations and publicising your event or challenge really easy.
How can I get an AHT collection box?
We would love you to show your support for the AHT by holding a collection box in your shop, pub, vet practice or work place. Every penny counts. Simply contact us to request your collection box and let us know details of where the box will be held. Make sure the box is in full view and accessible for clients and visitors to drop their small change into.
Contact the Fundraising Department on 01638 555648 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few simple guidelines for you regarding the collection box:
- The box must remain static in the premises allocated. Door to door collecting is not permissible.
- Please contact us immediately if the box is stolen or broken into.
- When the box is full, please empty the box, make a note of how much there is and pay the money into your account. Then please send us the money using one of the methods outlined above.
- Whichever way you chose to send us the money, please make sure we know it’s from you, where the collection box was used and if you are still fundraising for us or want to return the collection box. We will record your fundraising activity and send you a Certificate of Appreciation.
Can I have a letter of authorisation to collect money for the AHT?
A letter of authorisation outlines that you or your event is an official AHT fundraising event. Please email email@example.com and tell us your name, address and what you are doing to fundraise for us so we can send out the letters to you.
Fundraising questions about support from the AHT
How can I fundraise for you?
Once you’ve got a fundraising idea, our Fundraising team are on hand to answer any questions you may have, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01638 555648.
What items do you have to support my event?
Every event is different, so please get in touch with our team to discuss your event and how we can help. We always have a selection of leaflets, donation tins, pens and wristbands that we can send you to help you in your fundraising. Depending on the time of year, we might have items that we send you to help with your event.
How do I explain what the AHT does?
Put simply, we improve animal health by fighting disease and injury in animals.
We have a small animal referral clinic for dogs and cats and an equine referral clinic for horses where our expert vets treat very sick or injured animals. Our diagnostic laboratory helps vets all over the world to diagnose what’s wrong with their patients and DNA our testing arm helps dog breeders to make the best matches.
In addition to offering these services, our researchers and clinicians look for ways to better diagnose problems, prevent them and, where we can, cure them. We share our knowledge internationally to benefit dogs, cats and horses, all around the world.
Where does the money go?
All funds we raise through our services go straight back into developing new diagnostic tests, treatments and vaccines to help thousands more animals. Nearly all dogs, cats and horses in the UK will have benefited from our work.
Can someone from the AHT come to speak at an event?
From time to time we are able to come to talks and events to give a brief overview of the work of the AHT. To find out more please email us at email@example.com
Other ways to support the AHT
The AHT is registered with AmazonSmile. All you have to do is select the Animal Health Trust as your benefiting charity and use www.smile.amazon.co.uk when you start your shopping and a percentage of your shopping will come straight to us. Easy!
You can donate part of, or all of the proceeds from the sale of your items through eBay to the AHT because we’re signed up through the PayPal Giving Fund. Just list your items with eBay for Charity and your listing will stand out with this ribbon symbol.
As well as benefiting from this financially, the work of the AHT will be highlighted to anyone who views your items!
You can set up your own Fundraiser through Facebook, either an event or perhaps a birthday fundraiser, and all of the funds donated by your friends and family will come straight to us. It’s really quick and easy to use with very little admin for you, other than creating the event and setting yourself a target!